Legends of Eisenwald
This post is also available in: Russian
Legends of Eisenwald is an original mix of RPG and strategy, with tactical turn based battles and a simple economic model. Rich possibilities of gameplay mechanics allow a player to feel being a hero of different stories ranging from treasure hunt to fighting for the throne. You can follow your game path as a Knight, Mystic or a Baroness and in each case gameplay and story will be partially different.
- Combination of a role playing game and a strategy in right proportion that can be called a Knight-Errant Simulator.
- Turn based tactical battles where we managed to get rid of the main enemy of turn based battles – lack of dynamics. There is no moving without striking and every move there is a choice whom to attack and whom to defend. Often an entire battle outcome depends on a decision which makes a battle intense from beginning to end.
- There are many units with upgrade trees. Each unit can be personalized both with an upgrade as well as with equipment which provides a wide variety of army tuning.
- There are a lot of weapons and battle spells. Each kind of weapons has its unique features that makes you to utilize it well in a battle.
- Possibility to conquer castles to increase your power and strengthen your army. Obviously, it is not enough just to occupy castles – they need to be protected from aggressive neighbors.
- There will be a campaign and some additional missions. In the future we plan to release campaign editor so each player can create his or her own adventure.
And the setting of our game is something we would like to address separately. We feel that all these similar looking fantasy worlds with dragons, necromancers and ancient gods became tiring for many players. The world of Eisenwald is not a fantasy, rather, it’s a world with supernatural elements where many medieval superstitions are actually true. There is divination and alchemy but without fireballs and summoning elementals. There are some magical creatures but they are not the lovely elves. Heroes of our legends are not saving the world and are not participating in the wars between gods. Rather, they are directed by human motivations: by a desire to find glory (and wealth), by blood feud, revenge and even by unrequited love. And no, a night walk in a forest is not advisable, especially during full moon.
- Windows (XP/Vista/7)
- Processor: 2GHz
- Memory: 2GB
- Graphics: DirectX 9.0, shader model 3.0
- Minimal resolution: 1280 x 768