Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » English Forum » Discord Times

Post subject: Map Editor
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:18 pm 
Backers

Great to have the map editor. Been looking forward to trying my own scenario ideas. Interface is nice and easy to use as are the functions.

I started building a test scenario earlier and did 'save as' to create the file (had to manually add the .DTm on the end) and then carried on with it simply using standard 'save' along the way for a few hours. Exited program and went for dinner. When i came back and tried to reload it, it appeared as it had the very first time i'd saved it, which was unfortunate. It was as if the program hadn't actually understood the standard save command.

I started work on it again, doing only a little bit this time before closing and reloading to see if it had actually saved. This time when i tried to reload my map, it came up as "Error Reading Map. File is corrupted or old format."
I tried a fresh one, completely new file. Added some grass and a castle, saved, quit and then tried to reload and got the error message for that one too. I've tried another 3-4 and they've all done exactly the same. I can save duplicates of the existing DT maps and reload without any problems, but anything created from scratch seems to just fail and not save/load properly.

I wondered if there might be an unusual or specific way to save, so I clicked the help menu. The "Show Help" option says file not found.
Clicking "About Map Editor" brings up the initial loading box in the center and seems to hang, so i ended the process

Tried a load of local stuff on my PC (restarts and moving files etc) no joy.

Not sure if this is an actual bug or there is just a simple tweak i can do at this end to fix.

Aside from the load/save thing though as above, its feels really easy to use and though its not been saving, i had created a nice mix of quests, texts, characters and linked actions. I have a feeling when its up i will spend many many hours on the editor :D

Post subject: Re: Map Editor
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:01 pm 

Sorry for the bug. I was sure that "save as" works the same in the public version and the developers. If you change the file name extension problem is solved by prescription in hand.
In the near future we will provide a link to the corrected version.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:22 am 
Backers

Also (not sure if you know already) custom maps I've tried to make do not load in-game for some reason - when I try to play it it simply goes in the main menu.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:54 am 

You forgot to put the hero's army on the map.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:41 am 
Backers

Oh, right, excuse me then.)

P.S. Tried some modding now - my starting castle always turns hostile on me and events work in a weird fashion. And all my allies don't seem to understand the word "alliance" very well. Why did I decide that I can mode?..

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:10 pm 

The game engine works as follows:
1. Relationships in groups define the actions of computer armies.
2. For the hero, the activation of the battle with the army is determined by the lack of a events to meet with the army.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:52 am 
Backers

Not logged in here for a while. Managed to get the editor working fine. No issues with troops, castles or relationships. Tried lots of options in a small test scenario and was able to run the map in the game no problem :)

The graphics files are unrecognisable formats though, so i'd guess adding my own unit artwork is not possible?

Best Regards
Matt

Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:57 pm 

Yes, game resources do not support adding unit and item pictures in the Map Editor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:46 am 
Backers

I'm very sorry but there's a problem once again - after a greeting event happened once, the ally becomes aggressive next time we meet. How do I make him reply the same greeting instead of attacking - the tick in "multiple times" box doesn't seem to do much?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:48 pm 

We are already looking into this, Ulmo will reply you soon, hopefully :)

Board index » English Forum » Discord Times