Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » English Forum » Discord Times

Post subject: about the Map Editor
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:40 pm 
Backers

well there are about 3 things i think this editor lacks:
1. a way to save and transfer the settings of the capabilities of all units i modified
2. same only with items
3. a way to make new units like... ahhh.. MEGA KINGHT or something stupid like that
without making me have to change every thing about any exists unit

well i have another isse about this editor.. some of the text for some reason is in my own language instead of english (it looks horrible("hebrew" if you need to know)
anyjew.. if you can give some advice about how to fix that i would be gratitude full

Post subject: Re: about the Map Editor
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:01 pm 

1,2. The editor has forced foolproof. :) After saving items or units you have to manually rename the appropriate file.
3. The editor does not support adding and removing items and units. This can only be done manually by adjusting the ini-files.

Quote:
some of the text for some reason is in my own language instead of english

Can you show the screen shot with the wrong text?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:22 pm 
Backers

about 1,2 well aint that just mean that you expected us to not know the basis of modding?(make back ups(well maybe not im no expert but thats damn low expectations you have of those that use the editor))

about 3 all i can realy say is to yell :( on you

about this replay.. maybe you have another reason other then my pessimistic guess :P

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:48 am 

matetyaho, please note that Discord Times is already 8 years old, and we didn't work on it for years. The only thing we did to it was to translate it into English. And yes, it might not be the best map editor but we don't have another one and we don't plan to work on it in the future with the exception of small bug fixes.

And seeing another language in the text editor is indeed strange, we haven't heard about it from anyone else, so a screen shot would be really helpful to figure out where we have to look.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:47 pm 
Backers

yeah about that apparently in notepad i have the same problem with russian (the "eng_units" file) and.. well the problem must be related with my computer instead of your software than feel free to forget about this
thanks anyway

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:55 pm 

Well, feel free to post any questions here, we will do our best to respond or to fix things. But regarding new features requests - that's not something we can do at the moment. However, we will take your comments and make notes for Legends of Eisenwald map editor - on this one we will work quite a bit once we release the game first...

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:45 pm 
Backers

in that case (thanks Now I have a place to complain about anything petty)

4. same as 3 only with items
5. when i press on event pointer on the map add a shortcut in the popup window to that event.. its silly that i need to look up every event
6. fix that odd bug that.. well miscalculation the time it take me to move around.
most of the time the game do this right but if im on a boat and i tell my hero to go to the big city the game tell me that it will take something like 5 to 3 days.. and.. well.. bug
7. you cant have a percentage of magic immunity.. it doesnt work like that
immunity means that you are no longer affected by something but in DT you are affected
what we have there is called resistance
(i will think about more stuff later)

ohh can you make a suggestions sticky for LoE or i may simply make new topics as i like?

Post Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:01 pm 

I think for now maybe let's have it in this topic or another one, maybe other people will join this discussion. It's a bit too early right now to think about all this, we will work on the map editor and make it more user-friendly later, after the release of the game itself... Maybe a topic with a name something like this - Map Editor Suggestions would be appropriate, you decide...

Board index » English Forum » Discord Times