Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » English Forum » Discord Times

Post subject: Some questions about Discord Times
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:32 pm 
Early Supporter

I read the instructions and did the tutorial, then played through Dammed Lake and won after a restart, but I have some questions about how some stuff works.

1) After a unit gets enough experience to 'level up' to a better unit type, is it ever beneficial to stay at the current unit type? I noticed that the unit's level goes from level 1 to level 2, and then when you level up to a new unit type it goes back to level 1. From what I could tell, it was always better to level up to the better unit type as long as you can afford the increased upkeep.

2) Some of the enemy castles that I took over had better troop types. There isn't any way to improve your own castle to have better troops, right?

3) I didn't see any way to target enemies in buildings with spells. Is there a way?

4) When I defeated the troops at the Dammed Lake Castle, it said I won the battle and then returned to the main menu. This means I won the scenario, correct?

Thanks for any help,
Rob

Post subject: Re: Some questions about Discord Times
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:36 pm 

Thank you for your questions and comments!

robc04 wrote:
1) After a unit gets enough experience to 'level up' to a better unit type, is it ever beneficial to stay at the current unit type? I noticed that the unit's level goes from level 1 to level 2, and then when you level up to a new unit type it goes back to level 1. From what I could tell, it was always better to level up to the better unit type as long as you can afford the increased upkeep.

Yes, you are right, it's better to level up. The only reason of not doing so might be lack of gold. Leveling up all stats increase where if you just keep the same unit, there will be less improvement.
robc04 wrote:
2) Some of the enemy castles that I took over had better troop types. There isn't any way to improve your own castle to have better troops, right?

You can leave your better troops in the castles. Or if you militia keeps defeating some rogues attacking the castle then they can get experience too.

robc04 wrote:
3) I didn't see any way to target enemies in buildings with spells. Is there a way?

Nope, you can target only enemies outside. It works both ways - enemies cannot cast a spell on you while you are in a castle.
robc04 wrote:
4) When I defeated the troops at the Dammed Lake Castle, it said I won the battle and then returned to the main menu. This means I won the scenario, correct?

Yes! I think the message says something more, like - you proved to be worthy and you can rule this land :)

Post subject: Re: Some questions about Discord Times
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:03 pm 
Early Supporter

Thanks for the answers!

Board index » English Forum » Discord Times